Clean Cinnamon Almond Butter & Banana Muffins with Hemp Seed
Listen up folks! I have a new favorite pantry staple and I need everyone to know about this deliciousness: BETSY'S BEST Gourmet Nut & Seed butters. Cinnamon & Chia Almond and Peanut Butter, Cardamom & Chia Cashew Butter, Sunflower Butter with Chia and Toasted Coconut to name a few. I personally have only tried the almond and cashew but HOLY COW. Number 1- I didn't even know I LIKED cardamom but that cashew butter is the cats meow. Number 2- the cinnamon and chia almond butter tastes like liquid cinnamon toast crunch. I could drink both of these!!! If I haven't sold you on them yet then check out this recipe below because I am convinced their flavored almond butter made all the difference in the flavor of these muffins!
AND if you go to their site, www.betsysbest.com you can get $10 OFF!!! I am also doing a giveaway on my IG until Wednesday April 11th to win a free Betsy's Best product of choice so GO ENTER!
On another note- let me extend all of the apologies for being so MIA on the blog lately! I swear my husband and I have been running in 18,937 different directions the past few months. I want to get better at putting more frequent, smaller-scale posts whenever I have a quick recipe that turns out well that I want to share with you guys- so be on the lookout for a lot more of those!
*Clean* Cinnamon Almond Butter Banana Muffins with Hemp & Chia Seeds
Ingredients: yields 10 muffins
- 1/2 Cup Betsy's Best Almond Butter with Cinnamon & Chia (or any nut/seed butter o' choice- but if not using this butter add 2 Tbs Chia seeds into this recipe)
- 2 Ripe mashed bananas
- 1 Large egg
- 3 Tbs liquid egg whites or 1 whole egg white
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tbs Pure Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 C Hemp seeds* (plus some additional for sprinkling on top- you could also add almonds or another chopped nut or banana chunks!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- IF BLENDING: Blend all ingredients listed above except for hemp seeds; IF WHISKING or using a hand mixer go ahead and add in hemp seeds!
- Heavily spray your muffin tin with coconut oil or Pam & pour muffin mixture into muffin tin or silicone muffin molds on a tray, sprinkle tops with more hemp seeds
- Bake on 350 for between 22-28 minutes- mine took right around 25 minutes but I like my muffins soft!
- ENJOY! Feel free to drizzle honey, more almond butter, chocolate or coconut butter over the tops for an additional flavor boost!
Hope you guys will give these muffins a shot! Their clean ingredients and rich flavor make them a new go-to snack for us! I plan to add nuts and tweak the ingredients a bit next time!